What to Bring: Hospital Bag Checklist
If you’re an expectant parent, you have likely been very busy preparing for baby’s arrival. Along with classes, getting all your baby gear, and decorating the nursery, one important item to prepare before baby arrives is your hospital bag. We asked Tula Team member Kara what she brought with her when she delivered her most recent baby. It was her third pregnancy, so Kara included just the bare essentials that were helpful to have in her previous hospital bags. In particular, we were curious as to what Tula items she brought along as well. Check out her list of items she packed in her hospital bag:
A ring sling is great for those first snuggles in the hospital. It adjusts snugly around the natural curved shape of a newborn and is great for sitting and/or avoiding incision area (if you have a cesarean). Be sure to wash it before packing it in your bag to get it buttery soft! Learn more about ring slings here.
Not only will the lush, soft blankets be perfect for swaddling, but they are great additions to your newborn photos while in the hospital! Get ideas for how to capture those first photos here.
Other hospital bag essentials include:
- Photo ID, insurance info, hospital forms and birth plan(if you have one)
- Soft Robe
- Slippers (with non-slip bottom)
- Phone charger(s)
- Earth Mama Herbal Perineal Spray
- Witch Hazel Wipes – not the ones for your face
- Disposable Underwear (Although the hospital typically provides mesh panties, it’s nice to have some on hand as well.)
- Earth Mama Organic Nipple Butter
- Loose Nightgown (comfortable for nursing)
- Comfortable nursing bra
- Large water bottle
Items to have for baby:
- Car Seat already installed!
- Comfy, snuggly clothes – Newborn size and 0-3 size
- Coming home outfit – mainly for cute photos!
- Diapers –The hospital will likely provide diapers, but just in case!
- Bow, hat, or accessories you might like to use when taking photos
What other essentials or unexpected items did you find helpful to have when your baby was born? Let us know!.