Am I Ready for a Baby Tula Toddler Carrier?
Am I Ready to Transition to a Baby Tula Toddler Carrier?
Are you ready to transition from a Baby Carrier to a Toddler Carrier? Our Explore, Free-to-Grow and Standard Baby Carriers have a recommended weight limit of 45 pounds and can be used in front and back carry. While our Baby Tula Toddler Carrier has a recommended weight range of 25-60 pounds, that does not mean that you must start using it when baby reaches 25 pounds. You should be able to enjoy the Baby Carrier into toddlerhood, but should consider transitioning to the Toddler Carrier if you and/or baby are no longer comfortable in it.
To help guide you through this, we had our good friend, Mat York, aka That Dad Mat, share his advice on how to get the full use out of your baby carrier and when to consider transitioning to a Baby Tula Toddler Carrier.
Here are some of Mat’s helpful tips to see if the Toddler Carrier will work for you:
- Your toddler should have good range of motion from their knees with no hyper-extension in the Toddler Carrier
- The Toddler Carrier panel should come up to the top of your toddler’s shoulder blades (no higher)
- PFAs (perfect fit adjusters) should be let us when in front carry so toddler is not blocking your face
- Wear the Toddler Carrier lower on your hips so toddler is not blocking your face
- Toddler should fit snug in the carrier and wearer/toddler should move cohesively as one unit – toddler should not have room to jiggle in the carrier
Baby Tula also offers complimentary Video Fit Checks if you have ANY fit/adjustment questions regarding your carrier!