Baby Tula Ring Sling Instructions
Ring Sling Instructions
Baby Tula Ring Slings are made from our beautiful woven wraps, which are designed and woven specifically for Baby Tula. They are a representation of our passion for textiles, designs, and attention to details, but mostly to the beauty of babywearing. Perfect for a variety of caregivers and babies from birth on, Baby Tula Ring Slings are the fastest and easiest carrier on the market to use.
Threading the Ring Instructions
- Hold the ring sling with the rings/shoulder in one hand and the tail end in the other, and with the tag facing up. The fabric should not be twisted.
- Gather the fabric of the tail and pass the tail through both rings. The tag should be sandwiched in between the tail and the shoulder of the ring sling.
- Pass the tail back over the top ring and through the bottom rings. This is similar to threading a belt.
- Spread the fabric across the rings to ensure that it is not twisted by pulling the rails away from one another to flatten the fabric as much as possible.
Adjusting the Rings
- Holding the rings in one hand, pass the loop over your head. Your rings should end up on the shoulder of your choice, with the tail end hanging down towards your feet in the front.
- The best final placement for the rings should be just under your shoulder. It can be helpful to place them as high as possible when first learning to wear a ring sling, as the rings will move down as you adjust the sling.
- Check the length of the sling to ensure that it is suitable for your size. The lowest part of the sling pouch should be close to the same level as your belly button.
Tummy to Tummy or Hip Carry
- Lift and hold your baby up against your free shoulder. Continuing to support her weight, slide her into the sling pouch so that the fabric rests near your baby’s knees. You may wear her on your chest or on your hip.
- Place your baby’s legs in a natural, seated M-position. Baby’s knees should be in line with her belly button, gently spread to the sides, with bottom and legs forming the letter M. Knees should be higher than your baby’s bottom.
- Use one hand to support the child while using the other to lift the panel up behind the child’s back.
- Continuing to support your baby, ensure that there is plenty of fabric under her bottom and that the lower rail of the ring sling is reaching from one knee to the other. Supporting her weight with one hand, reach inside the sling, in between your body and baby’s body, and pull the bottom rail up towards your baby’s belly button to ensure that she is in a deep seated position.
- Still supporting baby’s weight, gather all excess fabric across baby’s back and bottom, moving it towards the rings.
- Tighten the top rail of the ring sling near baby’s neck by pulling the corresponding inside rail of the tail parallel to the top rail (directly across).
- If necessary, tighten the bottom rail of the sling as well by pulling the corresponding outside rail of the tail parallel to the bottom rail (directly down). Be careful to maintain your baby’s deep seat by not tightening this portion too much. Her knees should still be higher than her bottom, and there should still be fabric between your bodies as well as knee-to-knee coverage.
- Spread the sling widely across your back to provide the most comfortable support.
- Spread the sling evenly over the top of your shoulder for more comfort. Optimal placement is away from your neck and closer to your shoulder/upper arm.
Please visit our product instructions page for more information on how-to use our products.