Baby Carrier Instructions
The Standard size Tula Baby Carrier can be used from 15-45 pounds (standard sized carrier) and 25 – 60 pounds (toddler sized carrier). Standard Carriers must be used with the Tula Infant Insert for infants and newborns under 15lbs, or until the baby can hold his/her head up consistently for extended periods of time and is tall enough to be placed in a fully seated position with knees dangling freely at a right angle.
Front Carry Instructions
- Secure the waist belt by fastening the buckle. The male buckle should be fed under the elastic on the waist belt and into the family buckle until it clicks. Tighten the waist belt by pulling on the adjustable strap. The carrier’s panel should be centered on your body.
- Hold your child so that he can wrap his legs around your waist.
- Use one hand to support the child while using the other to lift the panel up behind the child’s back.
- While supporting the child with one arm, slip the other arm into the strap.
- Now, slip the other arm into the other strap. Make sure your child’s bottom is deep in the panel just above the waist belt.
- Buckle the chest behind your shoulders to secure your child in the carrier.
- Adjust the carrier so that your child is comfortable and close to your body by pulling on the adjustable straps for a snug fit.
Back Carry Instructions
- Secure the waist belt by fastening the buckle. The male buckle should be fed under the elastic on the waist belt and into the female buckle until it clicks. Tighten the waist belt by pulling on the adjustable strap. The carrier’s panel should be centered on your body. Slip the strap over one arm.
- Place your child on your hip. Use the arm that is free from the strap to rotate your child from the hip position into the carrier while using the arm in the strap to secure your child (please have someone assist you until you feel comfortable to perform this step on your own).
- Lean forward slightly so that you child is resting his weight on your back while your child is rotating from the hip position, and keep his weight secured by your other arm.
- Pull the panel up with your free arm and slip your free arm through the second strap as thought you were putting on a backpack strap, maintaining a slight forward lean to help control baby’s weight.
- Make sure your child’s bottom is deep in the panel, just above the waist belt by pulling the top of the panel upward via the straps while gently bouncing the child into the carrier panel.
- Pull the adjustable straps for a snug and secure fit.
Please visit our product instructions page for more information on how-to use our products.